Dear St. Brigid Families,
The season of Advent is upon us and we wait in anticipation for the celebration of the birth of Jesus.
The Me to We is a student leadership club that is actively working to build awareness of issues around our community and the world. We are very excited to share in the activities and events they have planned:
o The group has introduced a ‘Kindness Wall’ to promote peace and kindness in the school.
o They have organized Spirit Week for the week before the Christmas Holidays. The schedule of events is listed below:
- Monday December 18: Dress up as your favourite Christmas carol (non-uniform if dressed up)
- Tuesday December 19: Pyjama day (Non-uniform if dressed in pyjamas)
- Wednesday December 20: Dress up as your favourite Christmas movie character (Non-uniform day if dressed up)
- Thursday December 21: Christmas sweater or shirt day (Uniform except for sweater or shirt)
- Friday December 22: Red, green and white day (non-uniform day)
o The group is also organizing ‘candy grams’ for our students. Included below is a letter directly from the Me to We students:
Dear Parents and Guardians:
The students in the Me to We club are organizing candy grams for students! They will be sold in the foyer, on the intermediate floor, and outside the library for $1 each, or 3 for $2. The sales will start on Monday, December 11 and will take place during first and lunch recesses. Sales will close on Wednesday, December 20 and candy grams will be delivered on the last day of school before the Christmas holidays.
They will be slightly different than past years, however. Everyone in the school will receive 1 large candy cane, along with a message from the club. Students will be purchasing messages to attach to the candy canes for friends, siblings, classmates and staff!
All proceeds from the messages will go directly to Street Haven Women’s shelter.
Remember your loonies and toonies! Let’s spread some Christmas Cheer!
Go St. Brigid Go!
As always we thank you for your continued support and look forward to seeing many of you over the next two weeks at our various celebrations and events.