Welcome back! We hope you’ve all had a great summer. For those new to St. Brigid, welcome!
Our CSPC (Catholic School Parent Council) AGM will be held on Thursday, September 19th at 7pm in the school library. We are looking for volunteers to join a dynamic team where the goal is to make St. Brigid the best place for all our kids! Please consider joining the CSPC.
All are welcome to attend.
Pizza lunch is now open for ordering!
The first pizza day will be next Tuesday, September 24th and you can order all the way to February 4th. EXCEPTION: Tuesday, November 12th will be a sub day.
Orders can be placed using Munchalunch (www.munchalunch.com/schools/stbrigid). For returning parents, please update the teacher info for this new school year. To setup a new account, instructions to register or for ordering can be found here.
Please note that if your child misses school on a day that pizza was ordered for them we will consider it a donation to the school.
Please consider being a pizza volunteer!
It takes only 3 volunteers to help distribute up to 650 slices of pizza each week. The commitment is less than 1 hour, (10:30am-11:20am) on Tuesdays. You can sign up here!
Dear St. Brigid Families, That’s a wrap! Thanks to everyone for supporting, participating and volunteering at all our CSPC initiatives this year!! We couldn’t do it without you!! Big shout out to:
– All the weekly Pizza/Sub Day volunteers
– Daily snack program volunteers
– Mr. Mould’s Skate Day volunteers- Halloween dance volunteers
– Ping Pong night volunteers
– Pancake Tuesday volunteers
– STEAM night volunteers
– Everyone that came to the CSPC meetings
– Fun Fair volunteers…especially the small, but mighty sub-committee
– All the student volunteers! Especially for Fun Fair, STEAM night and all the babysitters!
…And all the family members & babysitters that help behind the scenes so volunteers can help our school!
More specific Thank You’s for recent events:
Staff Lunch – June 21
On Friday, June 21st, we held our annual St Brigid Staff Appreciation Luncheon. It was a smashing success! Thank you to all the food, drinks, and money contributions – we had a beautiful spread with ample amounts to serve everyone and more!
We also said good bye and presented parting gifts to Mrs. Wakeham, Mrs. Cuthbert, Signora Cataldo, and Mr. Hogan on behalf of St. Brigid’s parent community. They’re going to be missed and we wish them all the best. All the staff were also given an herb plant for the summer.
The teachers and staff genuinely expressed their sincere thanks and we wish you were all there to see it. Your generous contribution made it all possible, thank you so much for your effort.
Please see below for some photos of the event, and to see the awesome caricature of Mr. Hogan drawn by grade 8 parent Elaine P. Thanks so much for doing that on short notice, Elaine!!
Our annual Fun Fair was held on Friday, June 14th. The weather held out and we were blessed with a successful Fun Fair! Thank you to everyone that came out to the Fun Fair!
And a special thank you to: 1) RBC – Mark and his volunteers contributed their time and energy and also made their annual $1,000.00 financial contribution!
2) Davidson’s Valu Mart – for donating drinks!
3) Steve’s Quality Deli & Meats – For a discount on their burgers and for doing the BBQ’ing and prep for our Fun Fair!
4) Spin Master Toys – for their donation of toys, and Chiung-Ling Sararas for arranging it!
5) Elizabeth Rowe – for donating and prepping all the popcorn!
6) Carter’s Ice Cream – for their prize donation
7) Silly Goose Kids – for their prize donation
8) IGS Computer Systems – for their raffle donation
9) Oaks ‘n Acorns – for their raffle donation
10) Little Robot Friends – for their raffle donation
11) Lisa Feil Payne, Chartered Professional Accountant – for her raffle donation
12) Manalco Constuction – for the silent auction donation
13) Flourishing Sprouts – for the raffle donation
14) All the St. Brigid families that donated to the Silent Auction, Mason Jars, Bake Sale, Raffle, blue and white sale, etc!
15) Ms. Blanchet, for donating the most popular raffle prize of all – VP for a day!
16) Mrs. Holder, Mrs. Ross and Ms. Blanchet, for baking cakes, organizing the cake design contest, and decorating with each grade
17) Kristen Hawkeswood and Julie Mastrantonio, for making all the cotton candy ahead of the Fun Fair
18) All the volunteers on the day of, especially the AMAZING student volunteers
19) Mr. Hogan and Ms. Blanchet, for their support, and the teachers who helped run the recognition ceremony
20) The Fun Fair committee!
We raised over $7000 that will go towards playground improvements, and the grade 8s raised about $1000 for their grad festivities!
Our annual Fun Fair is Friday, June 14th from 5pm to 8pm, rain or shine! We are excited for what we have planned for this year including games, inflatables, “see and touch” display of interesting animals, recognition ceremony for our school teams, and so much more.
How can you help contribute to its success? Here are 5 ways:
1. Donate your time. We need 60+ volunteers the day of the fun fair for set up, helping with games, selling tickets and clean up. The shifts are one hour in length. Please email Shelley Dempsey at email@example.com by FRIDAY, MAY 31 or sign up here.
2. Donate gift cards in denominations of $5-$10/card for the raffle. We are putting together two “gift card baskets”, one for young children (eg. Silly Goose, Mastermind, Carters Ice Cream) and one for older children (eg. Face to Face Games, Pizza Nova, Indigo, Cineplex etc). Drop off your gift cards (or cash and we will buy the gift cards) at the office to the attention of Lisa Payne by FRIDAY, MAY 31. Or you can contact Lisa directly firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Donate your navy and white clothing to the Navy and White Sale. Please launder any donations and drop off at the office by FRIDAY May 31. The sale takes place in the gym and all items sell for $2 each.
4. Donate your clutter. Take a jar (clean, recycled jars are good) and fill it with treasures/trinkets. This is a fun one, be creative! Examples from past fairs are jars filled with lego pieces, art supplies, buttons, candy, Magic cards etc. Bring jars to the office the week of JUNE 10th.
5. Donate baked goods for the bake sale. Do you have a nut-free recipe that everyone loves? Make a batch for the bake sale. Bring in baked goods the day of the fun fair, FRIDAY, JUNE 14th! All proceeds will go to the Grade 8 graduation.
**NEW THIS YEAR** You can pre-purchase your tickets (in packs of 22 for $20) online at MunchaLunch! Go to the “Fundraising Open” top menu item and select the quantity of sets (22 tickets per set) you would like. Pay as you would for pizza lunch! Your pre-paid tickets will be ready for pickup at the pre-purchased ticket table on the day of the Fun Fair. Advanced ticket sales will end on Monday, June 10th. Sorry, no refunds.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you on June 14th.
Hope it was a good March Break! Just a quick message for those who order pizza. The next session begins on March 26th (not this Tuesday but next). Please have your orders in by this Friday, March 22 if you want your child to receive pizza on March 26th. If you miss next week you can still order for the weeks after that. Go to www.munchalunch.com/schools/stbrigid to order.
A few notes:
1. May 6 will be a pizza MONDAY due to a Pizza Nova fundraising event on the Tuesday that week
2. There will be one last SUB DAY on the last Tuesday of the year (June 25th). No pizza that day!
3. Some funds raised from this session will be used to purchase additional/replacement fans for hot classrooms. Funds from one week (April 30) will go towards staff appreciation. The remainder will go towards educational purchases.