Dear St. Brigid Families,
That’s a wrap! Thanks to everyone for supporting, participating and volunteering at all our CSPC initiatives this year!! We couldn’t do it without you!!
Big shout out to:
– All the weekly Pizza/Sub Day volunteers
– Daily snack program volunteers
– Mr. Mould’s Skate Day volunteers- Halloween dance volunteers
– Ping Pong night volunteers
– Pancake Tuesday volunteers
– STEAM night volunteers
– Everyone that came to the CSPC meetings
– Fun Fair volunteers…especially the small, but mighty sub-committee
– All the student volunteers! Especially for Fun Fair, STEAM night and all the babysitters!
…And all the family members & babysitters that help behind the scenes so volunteers can help our school!
More specific Thank You’s for recent events:
Staff Lunch – June 21
On Friday, June 21st, we held our annual St Brigid Staff Appreciation Luncheon. It was a smashing success! Thank you to all the food, drinks, and money contributions – we had a beautiful spread with ample amounts to serve everyone and more!
We also said good bye and presented parting gifts to Mrs. Wakeham, Mrs. Cuthbert, Signora Cataldo, and Mr. Hogan on behalf of St. Brigid’s parent community. They’re going to be missed and we wish them all the best. All the staff were also given an herb plant for the summer.
The teachers and staff genuinely expressed their sincere thanks and we wish you were all there to see it. Your generous contribution made it all possible, thank you so much for your effort.
Please see below for some photos of the event, and to see the awesome caricature of Mr. Hogan drawn by grade 8 parent Elaine P. Thanks so much for doing that on short notice, Elaine!!
Our annual Fun Fair was held on Friday, June 14th. The weather held out and we were blessed with a successful Fun Fair! Thank you to everyone that came out to the Fun Fair!
And a special thank you to:
1) RBC – Mark and his volunteers contributed their time and energy and also made their annual $1,000.00 financial contribution!
2) Davidson’s Valu Mart – for donating drinks!
3) Steve’s Quality Deli & Meats – For a discount on their burgers and for doing the BBQ’ing and prep for our Fun Fair!
4) Spin Master Toys – for their donation of toys, and Chiung-Ling Sararas for arranging it!
5) Elizabeth Rowe – for donating and prepping all the popcorn!
6) Carter’s Ice Cream – for their prize donation
7) Silly Goose Kids – for their prize donation
8) IGS Computer Systems – for their raffle donation
9) Oaks ‘n Acorns – for their raffle donation
10) Little Robot Friends – for their raffle donation
11) Lisa Feil Payne, Chartered Professional Accountant – for her raffle donation
12) Manalco Constuction – for the silent auction donation
13) Flourishing Sprouts – for the raffle donation
14) All the St. Brigid families that donated to the Silent Auction, Mason Jars, Bake Sale, Raffle, blue and white sale, etc!
15) Ms. Blanchet, for donating the most popular raffle prize of all – VP for a day!
16) Mrs. Holder, Mrs. Ross and Ms. Blanchet, for baking cakes, organizing the cake design contest, and decorating with each grade
17) Kristen Hawkeswood and Julie Mastrantonio, for making all the cotton candy ahead of the Fun Fair
18) All the volunteers on the day of, especially the AMAZING student volunteers
19) Mr. Hogan and Ms. Blanchet, for their support, and the teachers who helped run the recognition ceremony
20) The Fun Fair committee!
We raised over $7000 that will go towards playground improvements, and the grade 8s raised about $1000 for their grad festivities!