For background information and links on the International Languages program at St. Brigid, please go to “For Parents” -> “International Languages” in the top menu section (above).
A MESSAGE FROM YOUR ST BRIGID PARENT COUNCIL (CSPC)
Hi St. Brigid Families! We hope you all had a great summer. A few important items to start the year.
Thank you to all the volunteers who helped with CSPC-aided initiatives over the course of the 2017-2018 school year. You made all sorts of great things like the Mr. Moulds memorial skating day, a pancake Tuesday feast, pizza days, a community ping pong night, a parent lecture, and the Fun Fair, possible. And THANK YOU to all those individuals and local businesses who donated funds, time and/or items to support the many other day time enrichment opportunities for the kids at our school!
PARENT COUNCIL MEETING – AGM & First Meeting
Our Annual General Meeting will be held on THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20th at 7 PM in the library. Our first meeting of the year will immediately follow the AGM. Please come out and help make St. Brigid’s an even better place for our kids! Free babysitting will be provided.
**If you are interested in nominating someone for a position on the CSPC for this year, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out a nomination form in the school office. Positions and descriptions are listed on our website, https://stbrigidcspc.ca/csac/. Elections will be held at the AGM.
EMAILS FROM PARENT COUNCIL – Make sure you are on the list!
If you are not yet on the CSPC (CSAC) email distribution list, please email email@example.com so we can put you on it! Tell us your name and the grade your child is in. WE DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE EMAIL LIST MAINTAINED BY THE SCHOOL, so you need to sign up for this separately! Emails from us typically contain information about pizza day and any other fundraisers, as well as reminders about upcoming events, meetings, and anything else that concerns the parent population at the school. We try to keep emails to a minimum but are also trying to go as paperless as possible!
PIZZA DAY IS BACK!
Pizza Day is back, and will begin on TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25th. We will be using the Munch-a-lunch system for ordering again this year and will offer pizza weekly with a few exceptions. For those of you who ordered pizza last year, you can use the same login. Please remember to input your child’s new teacher! If you are new to the school or to pizza day, go to http://www.munchalunch.com/schools/stbrigid to create an account. Pizza ordering instructions can be found here: https://stbrigidcspc.ca/pizza-ordering-instructions/
If you want pizza on the first week, your order needs to be placed no later than Thursday, Sept. 20th – If you miss that date for the first week you can still order for future weeks.
If you are able to help once in a while on a Tuesday, please email us so we can send you a link to the volunteer signup – we need lots of volunteers, so we can keep the time commitment low!
Please check out and bookmark our website: http://www.stbrigidcspc.ca. Meeting minutes, financial statements, important news, and links to some great resources can all be found there. If you have any great ideas about how to make our website better or can volunteer to help maintain it, please email us!!
Looking forward to a great year!
September 1, 2018
Greetings to the St. Brigid School Community,
We hope that you all enjoyed a wonderful summer holiday. The St. Brigid staff has been in this past week preparing for an exciting, learning filled year. We are looking forward to meeting everyone on Tuesday, September 4th.
We would like to extend a warm welcome to all new members of the St. Brigid community. Welcome to Mrs. Kimberley Blanchet our new Vice Principal. We look forward to the opportunity to get to know you all throughout the year.
Just a reminder that our school hours have changed this year. The new hours are 8:30 am to 3:00 pm.
A few notes regarding Tuesday morning:
- At 8:30 am the classes will be meeting in the different school yards. The grade levels will be posted on the walls in the following areas:
o Kindergarten: In the Kindergarten yard at the southeast corner of the school beside the main entrance.
o Grades 1 and 2: In the primary yard on the east side of the school by Woodmount Avenue.
o Grade 3: In the northeast entrance of the school by Glebeholme Avenue.
o Grades 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8: will be in the north school yard.
- At 8:30am the teachers will meet their students with their class lists in the respective yards.
- Teachers and staff members will be in the yards to assist you in finding your correct class.
If your child is transported to school via our school transportation, we request that you please take note of the letter attached here from our school board.
A Welcome Package with a few important documents will be sent home later, during this week. When the package arrives home, we request that you kindly peruse the contents, then complete, sign and return them back at your earliest to your child’s class teacher.
We are looking forward to a wonderful year at St. Brigid.
Prayer for Students
God of Light and Truth,
Thank You for giving me a mind that can know and a heart that can love.
Help me to keep learning every day of my life, for all knowledge leads to You.
Let me be aware of Your presence in all things and at all times.
Encourage me when work is difficult and when I am tempted to give up; encourage
me when my brain seems slow and the way forward is difficult.
Grant me the grace to put my mind to use exploring the world You have created,
confident that in You there is a wisdom that is real.
David Hogan Kimberley Blanchet
Principal Vice Principal
Our last CSPC meeting is scheduled for tonight, Monday, June 11, 7pm in the library. The agenda will be posted shortly.
Hope to see you there!
Our annual Fun Fair is fast approaching! This year it will be held on FRIDAY, JUNE 15th. We will have games, raffles, food, animals, inflatables and much more, but we need your help to make it a success! Here are some ways you can help:
– VOLUNTEERS – We need lots! In order for the night to run smoothly and safely, it takes 60+ generous volunteers to pitch in. Can you spare an hour or so on the day of, to help set up, run the Fair or clean up after all the fun? If so, please email Shelley Dempsey at firstname.lastname@example.org. Got any special skills (face painting, balloon animal making, etc.)? Please let us know!
– RAFFLE/SILENT AUCTION – Do you have any great prizes that you would like to donate, or connections you could leverage to extend the richness of our raffle and silent auction offerings? Do you know of any businesses or individuals we should ask for donations? If so, please email Cheryl Devine at email@example.com.
– NAVY AND WHITE SALE – Got any gently used school clothes that you can donate to our Navy and White sale? Please drop freshly washed donations off in the office up to the date of the Fun Fair. We will then sell all items for $2 each in the gym, with all proceeds going towards St. Brigid’s. Need some new clothes for your munchkin? Shop the Navy and White sale at the Fair!
– MASON JARS – This one is always a big hit with the kids! If you have any gently loved treasures/trinkets lying around that you think someone would like, simple take a jar (clean, recycled jars are fine), fill it with trinkets and drop it off in the office or at the Fair. Creativity is encouraged – superballs, figurines, dollhouse furniture, buttons, crayons, Lego, etc. Jars will be sold for 2 tickets, with all proceeds going to the school.
– BAKE SALE – Are you a master baker, or do you have a fun, simple PEANUT-FREE recipe you could put together for the day of the Fair? IF so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put you in touch with Michelle Holder.
– IDEAS – If you have seen something that has really worked well at another Fun Fair you have been to, or if you have a great idea about something that would be really fun(and cheap), please contact Richard Payne, at email@example.com.