|| RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
CHAIR or CO-CHAIRS
| – Call Council meetings- Prepare the agenda for council meetings in consultation with the principal;
– Participate in information and training sessions;
– Communicate regularly with the school principal in an effort to work cooperatively to improve pupil achievement;
– Ensure that there is regular communication with the Catholic school community;
– Consult with senior board staff and trustees, as required.
|VICE-CHAIR (optional role, may be replaced with Co-Chairs)
|| – Participate in Council meetings;- Assist or fill-in for the Chair, if necessary;
– Act as a link between the Council and the community in support of school programs to improve pupil achievement.
|| – Ensure that the minutes of Council meetings are recorded and maintained;- Prepare the minutes for review at the next meeting;
– Upon request, provide the local trustee with copies of the minutes of the meetings;
– Forward the approved minutes to the Communications and Website reps for publication to the community.
|| – Maintain account of all CSPC funds;
– Deposit raised funds in bank;
– Issue cheques for invoices;
– Coordinate with board finance department to issue tax receipts and access school funds held at the board;
– Prepare balance sheets.
|| – Maintaining electronic parent contact lists; adding and delisting as requested
– Sending notifications and information to parents via email (eNews);
– Write the monthly CSPC Corner in the school newsletter;
– Preparing the CSPC newsletter 2 times per year;
– Co-ordinate with the Website Administrator
|WEB & SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
|| – Updating the website according to the Duties and Guidelines outlined and approved by the council;
– Managing CSPC Twitter account
– Coordinates posting/disbursement of information with the Communications Rep
|SPECIAL EVENTS REP
|| – Co-ordinate special events such as speakers, teacher luncheon;
– Liaise with the community regarding school and community events;
– Assist the council with fundraising.
| SPECIAL ED REP
||The Special Education Rep is someone from our council that is available for support to parents who have children with learning differences. This representative:
– Directs parents to help them find the information they need.
– This position is occasionally called to attend meetings at the Board related to Special Education
| OAPCE REP
||The Ontario Association of Parents in Catholic Education (OAPCE) Rep is a representative from our council that meets once a month with representatives from other councils in our area. This rep is a liaison between our council and the school board, and keeps us informed of issues and information from the board office and other schools.
| CHURCH LIAISON
||This rep is a liaison between our council and St. Brigid Catholic Church and keeps us informed of events, issues, and information from our Parish.