Hi St. Brigid Families!
Halloween is coming soon, and like last year, the parent council will be running a Halloween Fundraiser. This is a “just ask” fundraiser, no selling anything, and it all ends with a dance party for the kids during school hours on Halloween day. All funds raised will go to school-related events/items for the kids; look for the orange paper in your child’s school bag for more details! Apart from pizza we hope this will be the only fundraiser of this type that the parent council will need to run this year – please give what you can!
As an incentive, we are offering some fun prizes:
- EARLY BIRD DRAWS ON OCTOBER 22: $50 Cineplex gift card, as well as a few toys (thanks to Spin Master for donating the toys!)
- Silly hat/hair day on MONDAY, OCTOBER 21, if we get to $3k by this Friday, October 18
- Dress down day on FRIDAY, OCTOBER 25 if we get to $10k by Thursday the 24th
- The class with the highest % participation (donate what you can) gets to pick Ms. Blanchet and Ms. Sobol’s Halloween costumes!
Online donations are encouraged, and if you donate online you will receive a tax receipt. PLEASE NOTE: on the paper form that went home the online donation instructions mention a dropdown menu that says “St Brigid C.S.”. This has been changed slightly, so the dropdown you select should say “St Brigid Parent Council”.
Lastly, we will need some help from parents with the Halloween Dance Party:
- Decorations (donations): if you have any spare decorations to donate, please send them in to the office. In addition to general donations, we are looking for donations of orange and black streamers.
- Decorations (loans): if you have any larger decorations, e.g. inflatables that you would be willing to loan for the dance they could be picked up morning of and dropped off after the dance on Oct 31.
- Volunteers: volunteers are needed for set-up/decorating on Oct 30, 7-9 PM. We also need 2-3 volunteers to help with the event itself during the day on Oct 31. If you can help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your help and generosity!!