On Thursday November 28, 2019 at 7 pm, the TCDSB will be holding a caucus meeting at which they will be electing the Chair and Vice-Chair of the Board for the upcoming year, and electing or nominating many committee positions for the upcoming year. Click here to view the meeting agenda.
If you would like to provide our Trustee for Ward 11, Angela Kennedy, with any comments in advance of the meeting and the planned votes, you can email her or call 416-512-3411.
For the last couple of years, the whole school has participated in a skating day at East York Arena. This is a fun opportunity for community building and exercise in memory of Mr. Moulds, a beloved St. Brigid’s teacher and hockey coach who worked to give all kids at our school a chance to experience the joy of skating.
Classes will be assigned different timeslots (coming soon), and the school asks for lots of parent volunteers on the day of to help tie skates, walk older classes to and from the rink, do setup/run/cleanup of the skate library for those who need skates, help supervise kids on the rink, and help with making and serving hot chocolate.
We also have a number of tasks that need to be done ahead of time, including organizing/checking skate condition, picking up extra skates and helmets from our school skating partner (Gledhill), and making a fun skating playlist.
Please mark your calendars for TUESDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2019, and let us know through our Contact Us page if you can help on or before that date. Let’s make this the best skate day yet!
**If you have any skates or helmets to donate to the St.
Brigid lending library, please send them to the office. We especially
need helmets that are larger than XS. Thanks!**
On November 7 at a meeting of the Student Achievement committee at the TCDSB, trustees voted to update the TCDSB’s code of conduct. The updated wording can be found here and the meeting video can be found here. The agenda for the meeting also contained an annual/spending report on the International Languages program (page 102), the Board’s Learning Improvement Plan to 2021 (page 75), a report on Board-wide EQAO results (starting on page 103), and a report on the Board’s strategy for recruiting French teachers.
These items are of interest to our community and have been moved to the next Board meeting, which will take place on November 21. If you can’t attend in person, you can also attend via Live Broadcast.
Hi St. Brigid Families!
Our Halloween Fundraiser is well underway and we wanted to give you a few updates on milestones, and a request:
1. DRESS DOWN DAY TOMORROW (Friday, October 25th)!! Students can wear what they want to, within TCDSB guidelines. Favorite colour(s) encouraged!
2. Donation Forms received by TOMORROW will be counted towards % participation in the fundraiser for each class. The class(es) with the highest % participation will get to choose Ms. Blanchet and Ms. Sobol’s Halloween costumes!! The choices are: Elsa and Olaf; Dorothy and Toto; Thing 1 and Thing 2; and Mario and Luigi. The kids are excited to find out who wins tomorrow – don’t forget to send yours in!
3. IF YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE AN ONLINE DONATION but didn’t send in an orange paper form to let us know, please do so! Or, send in a note or email us if you no longer have the form. There is a bit of a delay between making an online donation and it being registered on our list of donors, and we want to make sure we get the numbers right for the class participation reward TOMORROW. Thanks for your help!! 4. To ensure we include all donors up to October 22 in the Early Bird draws, we will do those in a few days.
Thanks again for your generosity! Keep the donations coming!
CSPC Fundraising Team
Hi St. Brigid Families!
Halloween is coming soon, and like last year, the parent council will be running a Halloween Fundraiser. This is a “just ask” fundraiser, no selling anything, and it all ends with a dance party for the kids during school hours on Halloween day. All funds raised will go to school-related events/items for the kids; look for the orange paper in your child’s school bag for more details! Apart from pizza we hope this will be the only fundraiser of this type that the parent council will need to run this year – please give what you can!
As an incentive, we are offering some fun prizes:
- EARLY BIRD DRAWS ON OCTOBER 22: $50 Cineplex gift card, as well as a few toys (thanks to Spin Master for donating the toys!)
- Silly hat/hair day on MONDAY, OCTOBER 21, if we get to $3k by this Friday, October 18
- Dress down day on FRIDAY, OCTOBER 25 if we get to $10k by Thursday the 24th
- The class with the highest % participation (donate what you can) gets to pick Ms. Blanchet and Ms. Sobol’s Halloween costumes!
Online donations are encouraged, and if you donate online you will receive a tax receipt. PLEASE NOTE: on the paper form that went home the online donation instructions mention a dropdown menu that says “St Brigid C.S.”. This has been changed slightly, so the dropdown you select should say “St Brigid Parent Council”.
Lastly, we will need some help from parents with the Halloween Dance Party:
- Decorations (donations): if you have any spare decorations to donate, please send them in to the office. In addition to general donations, we are looking for donations of orange and black streamers.
- Decorations (loans): if you have any larger decorations, e.g. inflatables that you would be willing to loan for the dance they could be picked up morning of and dropped off after the dance on Oct 31.
- Volunteers: volunteers are needed for set-up/decorating on Oct 30, 7-9 PM. We also need 2-3 volunteers to help with the event itself during the day on Oct 31. If you can help, please email email@example.com.
Thanks for your help and generosity!!